Monday, December 24, 2012

year end meeting


I was just playing a song in itunes that I am working on. After it finished, the next song that came on was that of a band I love called Ee. I found the band through the punk indie label Asian Man Records my junior year of high-school 2003ish. Though by that time they had already been on hiatus, something about this music drew me in. With their soft, subtle melodies and crisp, sometimes heavy/dynamic guitar playing and buttery drumming that matched it, I made a decision to purchase every record they released.

Music transcends. When this album "For 100 We Try Harder" came on, the core of my being naturally reacted revisiting the many devastating situations in my life that I used this music to help get me through. But things are different now. I have no breakups to worry about, my love life is pretty much non existant. I'm not trying to advertise my singleness either. This music hits me despite whatever I do or don't have going on. It is my blues. It is part of me. The details of the past have faded with time, but this takes me back simply to tell me not to forget where I have come from. It's part of my roots, and I should never forget it.

Things change yes, but good music transcends time.

1 comment:

Cecelia said...

Jacob, you are right, good music transcends time. I still listen to the music that I listened to when I was a kid - I mostly listen to 70's and 80's music.

I notice you're a fan of the movie Titanic. Read my fan fic, if interested. In my version, Jack Dawson LIVES:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8376549/
http://www.wattpad.com/story/5753078-titanic-jack-and-rose-both-are-alive